THINGS I LEARNED, THINGS I READ, THINGS I DIDN'T NECESSARILY KNOW by WTGP Class of June 18-22 2018

I learned how to write nanoisms. --  Samantha Singh Write as freely and rapidly as possible, and throw the whole thing down on paper. Neve...

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Abhorrent Atoll by Joseph Mariani

A rickety boat from lands afar arrived one day from the salty sea
It carried a man who was now long gone fell asleep near a tree
He waited for many days but to no Avail
He asked for help from me and from others where we hail

However we said we could not help for the sky is turning dark
“A storm is coming that will change all” replied the lark
We waited for that day for many months for the gale
Then one day on the ninth the fortune did unveil
The storm was nothing more than a hoax
Created by all the animal folks
To keep him here forevermore for they are quite alone

Instead I built a ship ignoring what was blown
With its mighty sails we went away never to return

My experience in the Abhorrent Atoll left me only wanting fern

No comments:

Post a Comment